|Job Title||Senior Accountant|
|Reports to||Finance Manager|
The Senior Accountant with the support of the Accountant will be responsible for preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, managing the Financial Management Information System and preparing tax returns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Preparing financial statements
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analysis
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules
- Overseeing the reconciliation of bank and cash schedules
- Tax administration (computations, filing)
- Assisting with audit preparations.
- Other accounting duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- 6 years in hands-on accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration
- Certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA) is a must
- ICPAU registration is a must
- Knowledge of use of financial and accounting software systems including SAP is an added advantage
Skills and person specification
- Practical knowledge of accounting concepts
- Good understanding of IFRIS
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software systems
- Reporting and analysis skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google suite
- Project Management
- Good interpersonal skills.
Link to application form: Click here: https://forms.gle/Dnwfa85o4tsXoSun6